How safe is the air you breath?
Ever wondered… What’s on the Roof? Beautiful homes, Luxurious Interior, Expensive Furniture is all what we ever imagined for our sweet homes. What about the air you breath? Is your roof bird protected?
Consult SBM Bird Control Specialist to provide you with the best available options to protect your home against pest birds.
Nesting and roosting of birds in buildings are very common. Although they are quite beautiful creatures their presence in the building can really cause various problems to resident of the buildings. They are known to continue gathering garbage and droppings in the structures they live. These pest pigeons droppings truly debase the vibe of the structure and leave antagonistic impact on individuals. They are additionally acidic in nature which can harm and cause to repaint the structures on normal premise. Feathered creatures likewise are known to convey different sorts of infections, some of which are lethal to individuals. Most casualties of these maladies are kids and elderly individuals who have frail insusceptible framework. They also are known to carry various kinds of diseases, some of which are fatal to human beings. Most victims of these diseases are children and old people who have weak immune system.
It also costs people lots of money to clean the building infested by pest birds. Many commercial buildings and public buildings are suffering with this kind of problems. Bird infestation also has been found to affect the business of the commercial building hence along with the cleaning cost of the buildings on annual basis.
Reasons why bird control?
- Birds, bird droppings and nesting materials carry transmittable diseases and ectoparasites
- Bird droppings are highly acidic and can stain and corrode building materials
- Bird nests can clog drains and pose a fire risk near lighting or other features
- Birds nests can host bird mites
- Bird droppings can contaminate standing bodies of water such as pools, spas and lake shore areas
- Pest bird such as crows and pigeons may be driving away desirable song birds from your property
- Birds can wreak havoc on backyard gardens and crops
They longer birds are allowed to nest or roost in unwanted area; the harder it will be to get them to leave. If birds are allowed to inhabit an area long enough, they will persistently defend it as their territory. It’s important to take a proactive approach when dealing with pest birds. In the long run, it can save you time and money.
Devaluation of Property
Bird droppings and nests are an unattractive feature for homes and businesses. If birds are allowed to nest at a property for an extended period of time, the presence of their nests, possible diseases and ecto-parasites and bird droppings can devalue a property and have the neighbors complaining.
Health Risk with Pest Birds
Birds, bird droppings and nesting materials can carry 60 different diseases and ectoparasites that can be passed to humans and animals. If dried bird droppings are found near ventilation systems, they can travel through buildings potentially infecting inhabitants.
Instances of transmissible winged creature ailments related with pigeons, geese, starling and house sparrows:
- Histoplasmosis is a respiratory malady that might be deadly. It results from a parasite developing in dried flying creature droppings.
- Candidiasis is a yeast or growth contamination spread by pigeons. The infection influences the skin, the mouth, the respiratory framework, the digestive organs and the urogenital tract, particularly the vagina. It is a developing issue for ladies, causing tingling, agony and release.
- Cryptococcosis is brought about by yeast found in the intestinal tract of pigeons and starlings. The ailment regularly starts as a pneumonic infection and may later influence the focal sensory system. Since upper rooms, vaults, edges, schools, workplaces, distribution centers, plants, horse shelters, park structures, signs, and so on are common perching and settling destinations, the parasite is well-suited to establish in these zones.
A couple of instances of ectoparasites include:
- Bed bugs (Cimex lectularius) may devour up to multiple times their own load in blood drawn from has which incorporate people and some household creatures. In any extraordinary condition, unfortunate casualties may get feeble and pallid. Pigeons, starlings and house sparrows are known to convey blood suckers.
- Chicken mites (Dermanyssus gallinae) are known bearers of encephalitis and may likewise cause fowl bug dermatitis and acariasis. While they subsist on blood drawn from an assortment of winged animals, they may likewise assault people. They have been found on pigeons, starlings and house sparrows.
- Yellow mealworms (Tenebrio molitor), maybe the most widely recognized creepy crawly parasites of individuals in the United States, live in pigeon homes. It is found in grain or grain items, regularly ending up in breakfast oats, and may cause intestinal canthariasis and hymenolespiasis.
- West Nile Virus while West Nile is actually not transmitted to people from feathered creatures, people can get contaminated by the chomp of a mosquito who has nibbled a tainted winged creature. The undeniable exercise is that the less winged animals there are in some random territory, the better. This converts into a littler possibility of a tainted winged creature here, a littler possibility of a mosquito gnawing a contaminated feathered creature and afterward gnawing a human.